Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Come to Incredible India my friends

5 million people do come to India every year, although I would guess a substantial portion of those are the people belonging to the Indian diaspora living abroad. I promise it would be an incredible trip indeed, you will experience some incredible cultures, incredible food, incredible people, incredible sights and definitely incredible smells. These are the reasons most of the real tourists, and yes I'm pointing in particular to my white peeps, the original explorers, travel to India and elsewhere. BUT in my opinion, I think the really real tourist comes to India for a rather negative expereince: you will most definitely see some of the most horrific, dirty, disgusting, destitute settings a human being can be living in, and quite satisfyingly I might add. POVERTY is as prevalent as the air in India, and as severe as cancer. You will see it in every city in India, along with its cousin INEQUALITY, which is actually a result of the past practices of Indian/Hindu culture.

Im not emphasizing the negative experience as something that India only offers, but I would recommend it for anyone who is even slightly curious about how bad life could be, and that is something a real true traveler would want to experience. You have to be willing to leave your zone of comfort, the suburbs, the order, and yes the cheeseburger. BUT you will have an absolute great time as well, most certainly have some of the most delectable food, see some amazing sights, as so far my buddy from San Diego (Skeany!!) did. So I invite you to come visit my land, and curb your comfort for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment